I specialize in information technology acquisitions and many other commercial transactions. I draft new contracts, analyze existing contracts, negotiate new agreements, and advise decision-makers on how to achieve their business goals. My foundation is 34 years of experience as an in-house attorney for a Fortune 25 privately-held retailer. On June 10, 2014, I officially retired from my company to create a focused law practice that gives me the opportunity to leverage my expertise to benefit other corporate clients.
Education, Affiliations, Published Articles:
- J.D., 1977, Notre Dame Law School. Articles Editor, Journal of Legislation. Admitted to the Michigan State Bar Association to practice law in 1977.
- B.A., Hope College, 1974 (magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
- Member, Michigan State Bar Association and its Information Technology Law section
- Associate Member, Scribes: The American Society of Legal Writers
- Past President, Equest Center for Therapeutic Riding, Inc., Rockford, Michigan
- Author and co-author of various articles on Plain English published in the Michigan Bar Journal– links are at www.busklaw.blogspot.com